Unity Ninja Unity 3D Forum
To have exclusive access to all downloads, recourses and links within this forum, a free registered account is required. Just a heads up Wink

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unity Ninja Unity 3D Forum » HELP » Help (General) » confusion about parenting

confusion about parenting

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 confusion about parenting on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:04 am

weiquanHong

Member [Lv. 1]
Member [Lv. 1]
Hi, when i was watching your videos, i noticed that you parented the gun under the FPS hand in the hierarchy in some videos but the other way round in other tutorials. which one is the correct way to use?

thanks

View user profile

2 Re: confusion about parenting on Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:00 pm

weiquanHong wrote:Hi, when i was watching your videos, i noticed that you parented the gun under the FPS hand in the hierarchy in some videos but the other way round in other tutorials. which one is the correct way to use?

thanks

Honestly it dosen't matter one bit! Either is fine.

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/misterninjaboy

3 Re: confusion about parenting on Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:33 am

weiquanHong

Member [Lv. 1]
Member [Lv. 1]
awesome, thanks!

however, i tried it and the gun movement script is not working. I parented the fps hand under the gun, and applied the script to the gun

View user profile

4 Re: confusion about parenting on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:37 pm

weiquanHong wrote:awesome, thanks!

however, i tried it and the gun movement script is not working. I parented the fps hand under the gun, and applied the script to the gun
Make sure you identify the Gun on "Gun" Variable. If you don;t know what I'm talking about, I recommend you replay the part where I show how to apply the gun movement script, and watch closely.

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/misterninjaboy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum