Unity Ninja Unity 3D Forum
To have exclusive access to all downloads, recourses and links within this forum, a free registered account is required. Just a heads up Wink

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unity Ninja Unity 3D Forum » Welcome! » Introduce Yourself! » I am a gamer, like my father before me....

I am a gamer, like my father before me....

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 I am a gamer, like my father before me.... on Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:36 pm

Member [Lv. 0]
Member [Lv. 0]
Hello, my name is Todd (you can call me Skip or Skippy) and I am a recover...er...wrong venue....  I am a middle aged father, professional, and gamer.  I work in IT and always wanted to code, but never really had the time (100 kids) to teach myself anything significant.  I have been on the consumption side of gaming for decades and always had envy for the people who made them.  But, I never actually tried to be or envisioned myself as a developer.

I am sure I am one of thousands (millions?) of gamers that think they have a great idea for a game, but I really do.  So much so that I want to teach myself Unity, C#, 3D modeling, and anything I will need to get a working proof of concept going.  This game is like nothing out there, really.  The idea hit me very suddenly, it was like a bucket of cold water was dumped on my head.  I wasn't even thinking about gaming when the idea hit and I have not stopped thinking about it since.

But, reality is that I am a very busy person, all my nickels and dimes are spoken for, and my family requires nearly all of my attention.  My plate is proverbially full.  But I love my idea so much I want to try and chip my way through.  I also have some friends that may tag along and help.

I will be going through these forums reading as much as I can.  I literally know nothing of the process (I have started the Unity5 YouTube tutorials however).  I will eventually post some stupid questions (I promise I will search before I post!) and I want to thank you all in advance for any help or direction you provide!

Wish me luck!

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum