Unity Ninja Unity 3D Forum
To have exclusive access to all downloads, recourses and links within this forum, a free registered account is required. Just a heads up Wink

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unity Ninja Unity 3D Forum » Welcome! » Introduce Yourself! » May I Introduce....

May I Introduce....

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 May I Introduce.... on Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:30 pm

raylitalo

Member [Lv. 1]
Member [Lv. 1]
I'm Ross Ylitalo.  I was a Sr. Software Engineer at Michigan Technological University for 10 years, and in 1997 I was disabled with brain cancer.  Fortunately, my tumor was resected successfully, and my chemotherapy and radiation therapy went very well.

I'm recovered from my brain cancer, and am now attempting to begin a career of writing Windows Store Apps with Unity and Visual Studio.  I've got a LOT to learn.

C# is my favorite programming language, and I've been using Visual Studio for quite a while, but I'm brand new to Unity.  I am buying books (two so far) and finding online unity tutorials.  In fact, I found Unityninja while viewing this tutorial on Unity Tutorial: The Basics (For Beginners) .

I hope to learn Unity to develop some Store Apps (games) and sell them on the Microsoft App Store.  This is so I can afford to upgrade hardware to write a Virtual Reality application that I think may have commercial value.  I think Virtual Reality would be a good fit for me, as I don't know anyone less grounded in reality than I am. Smile

I think it's exciting that Unity letting us learn on their Personal Edition, and Microsoft is letting us use the Community Edition of Visual Studio, and the Windows OS is now  perpetually licensed.  I want to take advantage of all this software being made available to people like me; with underpowered pocket-books.

I am looking forward to meeting you,

Ross Ylitalo

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum