Unity Ninja Unity 3D Forum
To have exclusive access to all downloads, recourses and links within this forum, a free registered account is required. Just a heads up Wink

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unity Ninja Unity 3D Forum » HELP » Help (General) » Im on tutorial 2

Im on tutorial 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Im on tutorial 2 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:17 am

gamedev101

Hey misterninjaboy,
I'm currently following your tutorials for making my fps game, and I'm on tutorial 2. So far everything was working out, but when I just started making a new terrain, whenever i go to playmode, my fps controller falls through the ground. I'm not shure why this is happening, because before it was working properly. please help thx

View user profile

2 Reposition the controller... on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:21 am

gamedev101 wrote:Hey misterninjaboy,
I'm currently following your tutorials for making my fps game, and I'm on tutorial 2. So far everything was working out, but when I just started making a new terrain, whenever i go to playmode, my fps controller falls through the ground. I'm not shure why this is happening, because before it was working properly. please help thx

I think I already explained this alot in the e tutorial, bit it's really important you make shure your fp controller is above the terrain or surface it is landing on, before entering playmode. If adjusting the player's altitude doesn't work, then it might be collider configuration issues. But for now, try as I said.

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/misterninjaboy

3 Re: Im on tutorial 2 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:22 am

gamedev101

Yep thanks it worked. silly mistake

View user profile

4 Re: Im on tutorial 2 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:24 am

gamedev101 wrote:Yep thanks it worked. silly mistake

No problem, I always make silly mistakes, just always make sure all steps were done carefully when watching tutorials

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/misterninjaboy

5 Re: Im on tutorial 2 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:08 pm

chowderbrain

Member [Lv. 2]
Member [Lv. 2]
gamedev101 wrote:Hey misterninjaboy,

Holy shit dude he explained this in one of the tuts!!! He even repeated it several times to make shure player is overtop terain, not even touching

View user profile

6 Re: Im on tutorial 2 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:23 pm

NewDeveloper

chowderbrain, no need to write all of that, its just a silly mistake and this section of the forum is dedicated to help people.
So all I am saying is that your comment was not usefull and just a waste of time. Oh and please dont use words like "shit" on the forum, its only going to make the forum unpleasant.

--New Developer

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum