Unity Ninja Unity 3D Forum
To have exclusive access to all downloads, recourses and links within this forum, a free registered account is required. Just a heads up Wink

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unity Ninja Unity 3D Forum » Project Showcase » Seeking Team Members » i need a terrain

i need a terrain

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 i need a terrain on Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:44 am

swatproject

hi guys swatproject here and i need to ask of a favour. i am making a game at the moment. Its a survival game and I have a pretty system going but i really need a terrain. The terrain i want needs to be big and a survival island type terrain. I dont have any money so this will be volentary work and before you ask no im not sending you my project Very Happy please reply if you can help me out.

View user profile

2 Re: i need a terrain on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:10 pm

BryceCain25

SUPER MODERATOR
SUPER MODERATOR
I would use a heightmap...
using this you will be able to create your terrain without shaping each part individually...
heightmap definition:
"In computer graphics, a heightmap or heightfield is a raster image used to store values, such as surface elevation data, for display in 3D computer graphics."

heightmap example:
https://www.google.com/search?q=heightmap&rlz=1C1CHWA_enUS605US605&es_sm=93&biw=911&bih=451&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=95pNVNHNKtejyASRt4LgAw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ
and use of the heightmap in Unity3D:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLTBYmmvLus

I hope this helps...you don't really need external 3D modelers for terrain, this helped me greatly..I hope you aswell

View user profile

3 Re: i need a terrain on Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:52 am

swatproject

thank you so much Very Happy i really appreciate it

View user profile

4 Re: i need a terrain on Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:19 pm

BryceCain25

SUPER MODERATOR
SUPER MODERATOR
swatproject wrote:thank you so much Very Happy i really appreciate it
sure thing! If you need any more help, please ask Smile

View user profile