Unity Ninja Unity 3D Forum
To have exclusive access to all downloads, recourses and links within this forum, a free registered account is required. Just a heads up Wink

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unity Ninja Unity 3D Forum » General Dicussions » Simmilar to Valve hammer editor?

Simmilar to Valve hammer editor?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Simmilar to Valve hammer editor? on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:06 pm

wida1

Member [Lv. 1]
Member [Lv. 1]
So i've been wanting to make a simple game in unity, yknow like a first project.
And i have been wondering if it's anything like VHE (because i have some expirience with that). So, should i use what i learned there or just forget it all and start anew to avoid confusion and stuff...

View user profile

2 Re: Simmilar to Valve hammer editor? on Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:26 pm

BryceCain25

SUPER MODERATOR
SUPER MODERATOR
Hey there wida1. You will most definitely need to drop any experience from VHE, the reason being it is a whole different engine, Unity uses the following langs; JavaScript, C#, and Boo. All of these langs use the Unity library, not valves. You will need to probably check the script reference here: http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/index.html
I am sorry to say though, it's hard to startup a new language. Although I do realize that VHE is a 3D editor, Unity has tools that use this kind of thinking.. the following should be what you are looking for: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/11919
Best regards man.
-BryceCain25
Smile

View user profile

3 Re: Simmilar to Valve hammer editor? on Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:39 am

4kbytes. (xezno)

Member [Lv. 3]
Member [Lv. 3]
The VHE is fairly similar to Unity, and there IS a layout called 4x4 which resembles it, but the controls are different. There are also different properties sections i.e. you have to right click the object in the Hammer Editor but in Unity it is always on the left for the item you have selected. You'd probably need to learn how to use Unity, but it shouldn't be as difficult as being "new" to Unity. There are similar aspects, but not many. I recommend Bryce's links since they are most likely to help you.

View user profile

4 Re: Simmilar to Valve hammer editor? on Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:58 pm

wida1

Member [Lv. 1]
Member [Lv. 1]
Thanks guys Very Happy

View user profile

5 Re: Simmilar to Valve hammer editor? on Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:18 am

swatproject

Very Happy

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]