I thought you guys would like to have a way to make an object move without using a script, here's what I came up with. Oh, and don't worry about the zombie, that's what I used this for. Also, you can change the variables in step 1, 5, 7, and 8, this is stuff that can be changed to fit your preferences, but do not change any other variables or else it won't work.
1. Start by making a normal cube and change the "Y" scale to 2(for a normal zombie) change the name to Zombie or whatever you want
2. Add a rigid body to it.
3. Mark all three of the the check boxes in "freeze rotation" and change the mass to 0.5 or less. change the Drag to 10
4. Add the smooth look at script which can be found by searching for it under "Favorites -> All Scripts" in the project view but only if you have chosen the character controller package which can be chosen when you start a new project.
5. Set the target to your player and set damping to what you want. (the higher number you choose the faster will the zombie rotate) .
6. Now add a constant force. Which can be found under Component -> Physics -> Constant Force (last on the page).
7. Set the relative Force "Z" to the speed you want to make the zombie walk at. 20 will be good for a fast zombie and 5 will be good for a slow zombie.
8. Make a prefab and add the zombie to it
Last edited by OneKnifeGames on Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total