Unity Ninja Unity 3D Forum
To have exclusive access to all downloads, recourses and links within this forum, a free registered account is required. Just a heads up Wink

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unity Ninja Unity 3D Forum » Tutorials » Where to start with?

Where to start with?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Where to start with? on Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:59 am

Member [Lv. 0]
Member [Lv. 0]
Hi there Everyone!

So i want to start developing my own apps, and lets say its like a journey of thousand miles and im here to ask where to take the first step.

Am good with the following languages,

Objective C
Object oriented Programming(i know its not a language but its say i wanna add it up to give an impression lol).

I have worked on X-Code as well, so now if im to use Unity, there are different version thats the professional which costs and the personal thats free.

Where to download it from and which one to get?

Im thinking of starting a career in it, so your comments are most welcomed.

View user profile

2 Re: Where to start with? on Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:47 pm

Member [Lv. 3]
Member [Lv. 3]
In my opinion, basics is everything. I would prefer C# to be primary in Unity. Overall, here are some steps:

Download Unity: Unity Website
It's really up to you on which version to get. It's like flavors of candies because every version has a different way of doing things.

1. Tutorials is everything. Learn from Unity's youtube tutorials and others as well.

2. Make small projects to familiarize different styles. Even if it is random, make it so you can gain some experience.

3. Use Free assets if you want to make your life easier. There are tons of assets in the store and can be fun to mess around with. Be sure to give credit where credit is due.

4. Unity is Free, but making money does have a limit before they get a cut. If you want it to be a career, Unity Pro would be something to get as you gain revenue.

5. Spread the word and hope for the best. Make forums and get a fanbase

6. Buy me Cookies. Only because I love them Razz

View user profile http://vgbam.com/

3 Re: Where to start with? on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:12 pm

Member [Lv. 2]
Member [Lv. 2]
Now this was quite helpful, SpaceKryptonite! Especially number 6 Smile

View user profile

4 Re: Where to start with? on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:52 pm

Member [Lv. 3]
Member [Lv. 3]
Thx! Very Happy