FragMate CommunityLog in

FragMate - Software and Game Developer Community, including Resources, Forums, Marketplace & More.

descriptionMaking a gameplay trailer, but i need some guidance

more_horiz
So far with my searching the internet on how to use Unity, i have not found enough info for two main problems that are giving me a serious issue. One: making in-game cutscenes, and Two: 2D characters in a 3D environment like in the Paper Mario games.

Ive been trying to make the character thing work for quite some time. The best i have figured out with this is to make the player model a simple plane with an animated texture, then have different animated textures in use for different player animations. but how to effectively make this not a total repetitively long and tedious process for EACH CHARACTER, playable or NPC, is quite beyond my skill level.

As for cutscenes... I have no idea how to make that work. At all. I assume its mostly coding the sequence of events, but again, i am clueless about how to do this.

Any help or advice or both is greatly appreciated! Very Happy

descriptionRe: Making a gameplay trailer, but i need some guidance

more_horiz
On cutscenes, I would just use animations.
For the paper mario thing, I would use a box collider and a canvas in world space with a sprite on it.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum