FragMate CommunityLog in

FragMate - Software and Game Developer Community, including Resources, Forums, Marketplace & More.

Main Menu By BryceCain25

Share

descriptionRe: Main Menu By BryceCain25

more_horiz
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hello Everyone!
today i made a Main Menu in Unity, its simple but it will get the job done
first make sure that you have the MainMenu scene loaded in the build settings
file -> build settings -> add current scene
this will add the currently selected scene in the scene tab
next do the same process with the example game or your own game scene
next play from the MainMenu scene and you should be able to load everything just fine Smile
thanks
Download:Download Here
so it's automatically done? sorry for questioning im a newbe sir.

descriptionRe: Main Menu By BryceCain25

more_horiz
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hello Everyone!
today i made a Main Menu in Unity, its simple but it will get the job done
first make sure that you have the MainMenu scene loaded in the build settings
file -> build settings -> add current scene
this will add the currently selected scene in the scene tab
next do the same process with the example game or your own game scene
next play from the MainMenu scene and you should be able to load everything just fine Smile
thanks
Download:Download Here

so it's automatically done? sorry for questioning im a newbe sir.
no, follow my instructions once the download is complete and you have imported the package

_________________
-BryceCain25

descriptionRe: Main Menu By BryceCain25

more_horiz
One Knife Games wrote:
How to I add the main menu into the build settings?
file -> build settings -> add current scene; once you have opened the scene

_________________
-BryceCain25

descriptionRe: Main Menu By BryceCain25

more_horiz
All I get when I download it is a script. Is it supposed to come with a scene?

_________________
-One Knife Games

descriptionRe: Main Menu By BryceCain25

more_horiz
One Knife Games wrote:
All I get when I download it is a script. Is it supposed to come with a scene?
interesting..make a new scene, then in the camera make the background black, then attach the main menu script. Then you should follow the instructions from then. If you need anymore help please ask!

_________________
-BryceCain25

descriptionRe: Main Menu By BryceCain25

more_horiz
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hello Everyone!
today i made a Main Menu in Unity, its simple but it will get the job done
first make sure that you have the MainMenu scene loaded in the build settings
file -> build settings -> add current scene
this will add the currently selected scene in the scene tab
next do the same process with the example game or your own game scene
next play from the MainMenu scene and you should be able to load everything just fine Smile
thanks
Download:Download Here

i added my level under the example game and when i click 'example game' nothing happens

descriptionRe: Main Menu By BryceCain25

more_horiz
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hello Everyone!
today i made a Main Menu in Unity, its simple but it will get the job done
first make sure that you have the MainMenu scene loaded in the build settings
file -> build settings -> add current scene
this will add the currently selected scene in the scene tab
next do the same process with the example game or your own game scene
next play from the MainMenu scene and you should be able to load everything just fine Smile
thanks
Download:Download Here

i added  my level under the example game and when i  click  'example game' nothing happens
You will need to start the level from "Main Menu" with the build settings from [Main Menu -> Example Game](start from the Main Menu scene)
This should work, please tell me if it doesn't

_________________
-BryceCain25

descriptionRe: Main Menu By BryceCain25

more_horiz
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
One Knife Games wrote:
All I get when I download it is a script. Is it supposed to come with a scene?

interesting..make a new scene, then in the camera make the background black, then attach the main menu script. Then you should follow the instructions from then. If you need anymore help please ask!

I did this but the instructions are unclear, once I make the scene and add both my game and the main menu to the build settings do I just hit the play button at the top of the screen?

_________________
-One Knife Games

descriptionRe: Main Menu By BryceCain25

more_horiz
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
One Knife Games wrote:
All I get when I download it is a script. Is it supposed to come with a scene?

interesting..make a new scene, then in the camera make the background black, then attach the main menu script. Then you should follow the instructions from then. If you need anymore help please ask!

I did this but the instructions are unclear, once I make the scene and add both my game and the main menu to the build settings do I just hit the play button at the top of the screen?
Yes, hit the play button with your opening scene ready (your splash screen)

_________________
-BryceCain25

descriptionRe: Main Menu By BryceCain25

more_horiz
Woops!

Sorry about the quote up there, but when I hit play all that appears is a black screen. I put it with my game in the build settings and I attached the script, here is what it looks like:

_________________
-One Knife Games
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum